1 Box Graham Crackers
2 Large Boxes Vanilla Instant Pudding
2 1/2 Cups Milk
16 oz. Cool Whip
1/2 stick of Butter
1 1/2 oz Unsweetened Chocolate
2/3 Cup of Sugar
5 oz Evaporated Milk
1 tsp Vanilla
- Line bottom of a 9×13 inch pan with graham crackers.
- Combine pudding, milk, and Cool Whip in a medium bowl.
- Spread half of the mixture over the graham crackers.
- Cover with another layer of graham crackers and spread with remaining mixture.
- Top with final layer of graham crackers.
- For frosting, melt butter with chocolate in saucepan
- Add sugar, then milk and salt.
- Boil for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Cool for a few minutes and then pour over Eclair cake.
- Refrigerate for 12 hours before serving.
Store bought frosting may be substituted if desired. If you decide to do so, remove foil from frosting container and microwave for 45-60 seconds until melted and thin, pour over top and refrigerate for 12 hours.
I have used the store bought frosting before and found it to be just as delicious. I love eclair cake. I wish I remembered it more often when thinking about making dessert.
Recipe Source: My Chocolate Therapy